Saturday, May 15, 2010

5-15-10

Today was a good day and Adam and I were able to enjoy dinner and a movie. I was glad to be able to get out and enjoy some fresh air with a cool breeze.

I do need to vent about one new side effect that has come from the Taxol. I have these uncontrollable itching fits. I know it sounds crazy but let me tell you it is awful. My skin will just itch all over for no apparent reason. Once I start to itch a spot then the urge travels to my whole body and I can't sit still. My Dr. believes it could be an allergic reaction from the Taxol but he is not sure for certain. They gave me two options for medicine, however both make me drowsy.Therefore making it hard to take during the day or before work.

I must say I hope this side effect goes away as it ranks the top of the charts as one of the worse.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your Sunday was as good as your Saturday! Hate to hear about the itchiness though. Have a good week :)

    bams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - is there not type of antihistamine they can give you to stop the itching? That sounds really annoying! I hope it improves soon. If not, just take the meds and snooze the day away instead of being miserable - don't try to get too much done, Jess. Just take care of yourself right now - you will accomplish many great and wonderful things when all of this is finally over! :)

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete