Sunday, May 9, 2010

5-9-10

I am happy to say this weekend was great. I was able to enjoy dinner with Adam, a wedding with all of my college friends, then church today and an Indians ball game. It was their game for Breast Cancer Awareness so all of the players wore pink jerseys.

Tomorrow is my 7th chemo treatment. One step further to being done. I know the end is in sight, however I wish it was here. I am definitely ready for the chemo to be over and out of my body. The side effects are getting to me and ridding me of any patience I have left. Although at times this process has gone quick, I feel I am at the last stretch of the race with no juice left.
I try everyday to stay positive but there have been many times lately where my negative feelings/emotions got the best of me. Thank goodness I have wonderful friends and family to rely on to pick me back up.

I hope the weekend treated everyone well!
Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers out there!

1 comment:

  1. Jess: So glad to hear about your wonderful weekend - you certainly deserve it! I know it must be terribly hard to stay upbeat and positive throughout this process, but stay focused on the prize! You are so lucky your cancer was caught early and that the treatments are working! Before you know it, Chemo will be over and you'll start feeling like your old self - I can't wait for you to reach that goal! Call me anytime you feel like getting together.

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete