Saturday, December 11, 2010

12-11-10

The surgery was successful however I am in a lot more pain than I expected to be. My actual chest does not hurt at all probably because I don't have nerve endings or feeling up there. I just have to be cautious not to mess up the stitches and gauze that stick out. Wearing baggy shirts does help. What really hurts is my lower stomach where they took the skin graph from. I am not sure how much skin was taken or if stitches were involved however it really does hurt. If I am laying it is minimal pain but standing up and walking around causes it to ache. Hopefully this will decrease in the next two days. On a side note my doctor was not able to use the extra skin on my chest for the actual skin graph. He said it was too close to the center and healing of this surgery. He did say he could remove it once I am healed and this could be done in his office. I am not so sure how that would work..ha ha

Thanks again for all the phone calls and emails to check up on me:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess. Wanted to call you today to check on you but sick all day with fever, sore throat and ear ache! Nothing compared to what you are going through, though, but you know me - I'm rarely sick so when I am - I don't like it one bit! Will check on you Monday or Tuesday. Get plenty of rest!
    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete