This Christmas for me was about reflection and growth. I was reminded of a few things that I would like to share with all of you. First people i.e. my family..ha ha...love this blog and make it a point to read it often. So I do need to keep it updated for those who follow and for those out there who might need some comfort in their journey as I did. Secondly I was reminded that I am still a survivor and how good it feels to hear that. My cousins gave me a small sterling silver necklace that says survivor on it. Such a small gift that means so much to me. And to top it off my cousin told me how proud she was of me. What a great moment that still brings tears to my eyes. I am not sure I will ever take the necklace off..:) The most important thing I was reminded of lately is the meaning of a gift. It was talked a lot about at church today and Adam and I had previously talked about it. Although I love to give gifts and of course receive them I honestly feel honored that I am able to say my greatest gift I have been given is my health and another year and many more to celebrate my health. I told Adam that If I am healthy and I have him that is all I need this year as a gift.
Happy Holidays to all of you that follow this and may this new year bring the meaning of a gift as this last year did for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How wonderful to have the 2 things you want most in life - good health and Adam! You are a lucky girl and I feel very lucky that you are a part of my life. I hope you enjoy the wonderful feeling of Christmas every day in 2011!!! Love, Julie
ReplyDeleteWonderful Jess! Happpy Birthday:)
ReplyDeleteTiffany
Happy new year, Jess! Thinking about you as you continue to recover from your surgery. I know 2011 will bring you lots of joy and happiness!
ReplyDelete