Sunday, August 22, 2010

8-22-10

I have officially completed 2 full weeks back to work. I must say it has been very hard to adjust back to working full days, late hours, and trying stay on top of personal errands and house hold chores. It is crazy how chemo really does change a person's body,energy level, and mental state. My father recently reminded me how well I have done adjusting back to normal life. It is very comforting to hear that knowing some days I still feel like that girl who was down for the count. Adam of course has also been a saint through all of this and especially the last 2 weeks. He has gone out of his way to help in anyway he can and even went shopping for work clothes with me this weekend. He definitely deserves the boyfriend of the year award.

Thank you to all of my friends, family, and co-workers who have helped me adjust back to normal life again. I know it isn't always easy to listen to someone vent one day, cry another, and then laugh at the end of the week. But you all are great and I feel blessed to have you all in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I think you and Adam have both have handled such a serious and scary situation with unbelievable courage, grace and resiliance. If you two can survive this, you can survive anything! (hint, hint).

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on two weeks back at work! That really is such an accomplishment, and you should be super proud of yourself! Good luck w week three :)

    ReplyDelete