Tuesday, August 3, 2010
8-3-10
As I am sitting here watching Oprah, and yes that helps me heal...ha ha...I guess you could say I had a "light bulb" moment. The show today is about grief and losing a loved one. One of the guest said, it is not about the dates...the date someone died..the birthday...and so on. It is about the memories and when they choose to surface. And it occurred to me that makes sense. I always seem ok on those days relating to my mother but other days might be a bit harder. But today I know my strength and fight through all of this is because of her. So I love you Mom and thank you for guiding me to my cancer free diagnoses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You can always count on Oprah to brighten your day! Hope the evening is even brighter!!
ReplyDeleteJess,
ReplyDeleteYour mom was such a strong woman. She was a big part of my life and along with my own mother helped make me a stronger person too. Love You and glad you are doing good.
Mel
Jess: I love your post as it relates to our moms. I'm still overwhelmed with grief even 2 years later but some days I am able to think of her and smile as I remember something about her. I will try to focus on the memories! You continue to be an inspiration to me. I'm sorry you continue to have such trouble sleeping. I really hope and pray that ends soon! Love, Julie
ReplyDeleteThanks for your post about your Mom. My Mom passed away about 4 years ago, and you are so right about continuing to get strength from the memories. Although I never knew your mother, I am quite sure I've seen her strength through your eyes and your example. Keep talking to her!
ReplyDeleteI got the official remission news this week, so now we can both think about a real celebration, right?! Hope the sleeping gets better. Although it sounds a bit corny, you might want to try some light yoga or other relaxation techniques before you go to bed. Red wine is good too :-)
Hope to see you soon!
~Andrea K.