Monday, February 15, 2010

2-15-10 Update

Well it is 8:30 pm Monday night and let's just say I am glad to be at home resting. A very long day at the hospital with many tests and follow up from doctors. Thus far all tests/scans came back clean, however there was a small biopsy done today on an abnormal lymph node. The outcome of the biopsy only determines whether or not they remove the lymph nodes at surgery after chemo.

Chemo starts tomorrow as the doctors did not want to waste any time. We have a chemo class tomorrow at 9 am and then chemo at 10:30am. They did say it would take most of the day and be another long day.

Although I am a bit nervous, I am staying positive and looking forward to starting my healing process, and cant wait to get back to work and my normal life!

Now a word from Adam....
My weird things from the day at the hospital: How in the world do hospitals operate using pagers, yet no cell phones work? Also, who would ever guess that during chemo the doctors actually tell you that you can't eat salad, fruit, or vegetables (uncooked)? All you ever hear is how important fruits and vegetables are, but apparently they are also a germ concern during chemo. I'm nervous for Jess to begin the chemo because for me it makes what seems surreal a reality. I do however have faith that she will prevail in 5 months, and look forward to that celebration!

2 comments:

  1. Adam & Jess: You can count on it...we will have one terrific celebration on E Dock. You will get through this...without the fresh fruits and vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess and Adam: I am so thrilled to hear the test results are good so far. I am thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers today as you begin the wonderful journey of chemo! Please do let me know all dates and times you could use help with getting to and from chemo and also I'd like to bring over dinner sometime so please let me know when it would be convenient. I can drop it off so you can eat when you want. Keep thinking positive thoughts! Julie

    ReplyDelete