Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2-16-10

One round of Chemo done.....wooooaaa....and it wasn't that bad. The hardest part was having the nurse touching the port and area around the port, due to it not healing all the way. Moving forward it will not be that bad. Chemo itself was very painless, however time consuming. Each time I have chemo they have to check all of my vitals and draw blood. If all comes back ok, then we are good to proceed with chemo. Everyone at the Infusion Center were very kind and gracious and provided lots of goody snacks to munch on for me and my guests..And yes the rumor of Popsicles is true, this helps keep the mouth cold which is good chemistry for one of the drugs.

So everyone take a sigh of relief, as I have, Chemo was ok. Of course the road ahead will be rough but I am ready, well as much as I can be. I have tons of directions to follow and many meds to take to help with all of the side effects. Heather took amazing notes and passed along all the info to Adam . I am good hands and glad I am at home and doing ok.

7 comments:

  1. We are glad you are home! Jack says hi and good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess. Glad all went well. Irv was at the same facility for his blood transfusion today! I was hoping he would run into you! Keep positive when the side effects kick in -remember it is a sign that the chemo is taking effect and that is a good thing. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! Get a good nights sleep. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess! We have never met, but we have been thinking of you so much and keeping you in our thoughts during this tough time. So glad that Adam is with you. My buddy Susan is keeping us all up to date. I know you are going to do great.

    Much love,
    Cheri and Terry in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the first round went ok! You are such a tough lady. So happy Adam is there to support you.

    Love, Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  5. "God is striding ahead of you. He is right there with you. He won't let you down. He won't leave you. Don't be intimidated. Don't worry. (Deut 31:8 MSG)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess, I'm so proud of you! Congratulations on finishing your first round of chemo, I'm glad you are home and recovering well.
    xoxo, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you. I know you are one strong young lady, it runs in your family!! Keep up the great attitude, it can really make a difference!!
    Love ya,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete