Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2-23-10

Today is only Tuesday and feeling a little defeated. I had every intention to make it a full day at work and was feeling great. However with too much medicine in my system, probably a little dehydration, and major constipation I ended up with severe pain/cramping, a dead sweat, and almost passed out at work. Luckily I have great co-workers that helped and got me back on my feet. I am feeling ok now but I am sure I will be visiting the facilities a lot today.. Sorry for the graphic details and information but I needed to vent and that is what this blog is for..right...Tomorrow is a new day....

5 comments:

  1. Jess: Don't be so hard on yourself. Your body has been hit by a train called "chemo" and it will take some time for your body to adjust. I know you want to go to work and do your normal routine, but you have to develop a "new normal" and that will involve fewer work hours and more time just resting. Please stay positive and don't let today get you down. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and you'll be back to your old routine before you know it! Looking forward to seeing you on Monday and just catching up. Let me know if you need anything before then. And YES, the blog is for venting, so vent away! :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep hanging in there Jess, Remember 1 day down, another day closer to the finish line! Love ya,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess/my little champion :),

    It's ok, and only human, to feel a bit defeated at times.

    "Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win."
    — Muhammad Ali

    I hope you're resting peacefully...preparing for a triumphant tomorrow.

    Xoxo,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess,
    I can't imagine how hard it is to be going through what you are, especially when you want everything to be the same as before. I can tell you your grandfather went through the very same thing when he started chemo; I even took him to the emergency room for it. So it's a normal, but very unpleasant side effect. It's easy for me to say, but hang in there! There will be an end to the chemo, thank goodness. We love you and are thinking about you everyday! Aunt Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess,
    Talk to your doctor(s) about medications you can take when you are constipated. With the chronic pain I have it is necessary to take meds that totally clog up the plumbing! However those affects can be overcome with other meds. I hope this is helpful.
    David Corless (Adam's uncle)

    ReplyDelete