Saturday, April 10, 2010

4-10-10

Finally relaxing after being busy. With work, enjoying the weather, and exercise I have loved these last few days. Dinner last night was great and we will be doing dinner with some friends tonight as well.

My dad and Sue will be in town tomorrow night for dinner and chemo on Monday.Very glad they are taking me as I am not sure how I will react to the new round of Taxol.

Also looking forward to my sister being in town next week. I miss her a lot and can't wait to catch up.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you've had some good days! Enjoy dinner out with friends tonight. Michelle is home for the weekend -- filling out applications for summer jobs --- plus we went to see Daughtry in concert last night --really great! Hey - make sure your dad takes you someplace good - no McDonalds! HA!
    Love ya, A. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are able to enjoy this beautiful weather! Coming out of Kroger this morning and there was your gorgeous face shining at me from the magazine stand!! Congrats to Adam on his new job - great news for you both! If you and Adam have not yet seen the "Date Night" movie, you MUST see it when you can - you will laugh all night long! Thinking of you!
    Love, Julie (and the family!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jessica! I picked up Indianapolis Woman the other day. First I must say what a beautiful cover!

    My name is Angela and I too was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer on June 26, 2009 at the age of 36. I went through 4 biweekly treatments of Adriamycin/Cytoxan, 12 weekly treatments of Taxol, a bilateral mastectomy and 33 radiation treatments. I am currently scheduled for a DIEP reconstruction in New Orleans.

    Reading your posts about chemo brings back some memories! It sounds like you are starting Taxol today? I don't know what your previous regimen was, but I found Taxol to be a little more tolerable...it still wasn't a walk in the park though.

    I am not sure if you have had the chance or have felt up to attending any support groups. I wanted to let you know about a great national organization that has an Indiana affiliate called the Young Survival Organization. They meet locally on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. Tonite we are meeting at Logan's Steakhouse near 82nd & Allisonville at 6:30. Friends and family are welcome as well.

    I cannot express how much of a difference it has made for me to talk with fellow survivors. Sometimes it is so hard for our friends and family to know exactly what we are going through, but I have found that there is an instant bond with other women who have been diagnosed with this disease. I will admit though, that during chemo I wasn't involved in much of anything!

    The YSC has a website where you can find useful information and post questions you might have, or just read other people posts that might be relevant to you. http://www.youngsurvival.org. Also, please feel free to contact me for any questions you might have, or anything else you might need. 317-966-0431.

    ReplyDelete