Monday, April 26, 2010

4-26-10


Chemo #6 down and what an experience. First off the nurse couldn't get my port to work to access blood. She had the needle in, however it wouldn't give any blood. So she had to stick me two different places on my arm to draw blood the regular way. With one of the medicines they gave me, my port was working by the time I was ready for chemo.

Secondly, my appointment ran behind an hour half behind, which put my chemo an hour and half behind. Thirdly, this time I had a reaction to the Taxol. It was a very quick reaction and a little scary, however the nurses came over fast and fixed the issue with meds.


All in all a very long day but I am glad I had my step mom Susan here to ease the stress and pain. It was great to catch up and enjoy good company.


Feeling drained and ready for bed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jess - what a scary day for you! You still have that wonderful positive attitude though. Glad the reaction was short-lived. Get a good night's sleep - you deserve it.
    SWEET DREAMS! :)

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete