Sunday, April 18, 2010

4-18-10

What an amazing weekend. I can't even begin to explain the wonderful joy I felt this weekend.

Team Rock Pink was a great hit at the race and I want to thank all of my friends and family who came to support me. I have never had a team created for me before so it was a honor and I know a lot money was donated to a good cause, so thank you to all. I also want to thank the great team from Harrison that walked for me as well! I am blessed to have such a great work family as well.

I was not sure I would be able to make the 3 mile walk but I did. It took a lot out of me and did require a nap later in the afternoon, but it was blessing to energy and strength to participate in the race.

The party was just what I needed. It was great to catch up with everyone and enjoy good food, music, weather, and company. I will be honest, I have never had so many people step up to ask what they can do to help. I am usually the type of person to try and do it all on my own and not ask for help. But I know the party was the way people wanted to help and it did. We all know how stressful this has all been for me and now I can say a lot of that has been lifted through my family and friends. What great friends I have. Words can't explain what this weekend and my friends and family mean to me.




A special thank you needs to go out to Joe's Butcher Shop for donating the meat for the party. They have the best meat in the area, hands down. Visit them at http://joesbutchershop.com/




Also another big thank you to Randall Trumbull at Tees for donating and making such fantastic shirts! Everyone was able to Rock Pink!!! Visit Tees at http://tees.randalltrumbull.com/

2 comments:

  1. So glad you felt well for the weekend! Sorry we couldn't be there in person but we were in prayer and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard all about the great time from Debby - so happy it went well and you were able to participate. Sorry I couldn't be there - was thinking of you. A.Cathy

    ReplyDelete